about       read       kids       food       etc.       contact

Monday, October 1, 2012

Happiness is...

Do you remember reading Happiness is a Warm Puppy when you were young? I do! I still love Peanuts, so when I saw it for sale a few years ago I bought a copy for my own kids immediately. Each page is something different to be happy about as demonstrated by all the cute Charlie Brown characters. 
"Happiness is a piece of fudge caught on the first bounce...Happiness is finding someone you like at the door..." (We skip the "Happiness is finding out you're not so dumb after all page.")

I think that refrain has always been playing in the background of my mind. 
"Happiness is...getting out of school early. Happiness is...a touchdown for the Florida Gators. Happiness is...etc. etc. etc."

Anyway, on Mondays (arguably the un-happiest of all seven days of the week) I've decided to start writing my own version of "Happiness is..." 




1. Happiness is...picking my daughter up from school.
2. Happiness is...finding a pair of sunglass I thought I'd lost.
3. Happiness is...a clean and organized refrigerator.
4. Happiness is...finding your favorite teacher on Facebook.
5. Happiness is...splurging on a Venti at Starbucks.
6. Happiness is...when all the magazines arrive on the same day.
7. Happiness is...tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes.
8. Happiness is...making somebody laugh.
9. Happiness is... fall TV season premieres.
10. Happiness is...planning a vacation.

Feel free to add your own.
Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment