about       read       kids       food       etc.       contact

Monday, February 25, 2013

run the world {Beyonce}


I spent the better part of Sunday afternoon watching the Beyonce documentary on HBO. This was kind of an odd thing for me to do because I've never been a huge fan of hers. That's not to say that I disliked her, she's just never really been on my radar.

Kapow! is the best word (after considering a lot of words) that I can use to describe her and the documentary. She is a force. There's just a grace and an energy to her that will make you a complete convert. I love how she takes herself very seriously as an artist, has an off-the-charts level of confidence, yet somehow seems to have very little ego. And there's none of that "Look at me! Aren't I such a down to earth celebrity because I'm eating a cheeseburger?" type of nonsense. So watch it ASAP -especially if you have Comcast because it looks like it's only going to be on 'on demand' until February 28th.

The Oscars: I wish I had more to say. I think it was a very good year for movies and...well...maybe...not such a good year for the movie awards show. But this is as it should be, right?



No comments:

Post a Comment