about       read       kids       food       etc.       contact

Friday, June 28, 2013

vacation

We are on vacation for the next couple weeks, and I could not be happier about it. I've been working part-time (which has actually turned out to be wayyyyyy more than "part" time) since the beginning of the year, and the combination of being a stay at home mom while simultaneously working from home has gotten a little...intense.  It's definitely a situation I'm grateful for, but let's just say it's made me all the more grateful for a break.
For the past few days I've been:
making blueberry pancakes with lots of bacon for breakfast and grilling my favorite chicken apple cheeseburgers based loosely on Gwyneth's Japanese meatballs from It's All Good. (I added shredded apple, forgot to buy ginger and made them into burgers topped with provolone cheese and caramelized onions)

coloring rocks with sidewalk chalk so we can leave them behind Hansel and Gretel-style on some upcoming hiking adventures.

watching Mad Men (I just finished season one: really, Peggy Olson??)

exercising (for precisely 1 day)

napping

reading Daring Greatly by Brene Brown and Beautiful Day by Elin Hilderbrand
stopping for a love break on a walk

extra-long mountain naps

I'm too cute for this

playing "cafe"
My daughters are also sharing a bedroom right now which is both scary and adorable. Right now Ellie (age 4) is singing Jesus Loves Me to SK (age 2). I had NO idea that there were so many verses to this song nor did I realize that Ellie knows them all. Or maybe she made them up. Either way, it's hard to be mad at these two little cuties who should have been asleep hours ago.

2 comments: